Sunday, April 20, 2008

Certified!



Jared and I finished our Open Water Diver class. We are now certified in Scuba and can go diving whenever we want. Yesterday was rough. After the first dive, Jared and I both asked each other, "What are we doing?" I didn't have enough weight and couldn't go down while I watched everyone I knew descend into the abyss. Well it turned out ok once we got the weight thing figured out. Jared had problems equalizing and couldn't get his fins under control. We were a mess. After the 2nd and 3rd dives yesterday we got everything figured out and even went 45ft and stood on the brink of a cave system. Jared saw an eel and the instructor was bummed that I didn't get to see it but I told him that that was definitely ok!

Today was awesome. We had to walk about a mile today in soft sand with 28pounds of weights plus our gear which probably totals 50pounds. (not awesome) When we got to the jetty, we were able to descend, finish our drills, and go hunt sand dollars and shells. Jared uses so much air so we didn't get to spend a lot of time collecting stuff but I will post pictures of our loot. One of the guys in our group was tormenting me with a crab and found this dead fish skeleton that he was waving around. Boys ugh. So anywho we are certified and are so pumped about being able to go explore.

0 comments: