Sunday, April 13, 2008

We Passed!

Jared and I spent 8 hours in the water today. We spent 8 hours learning about scuba yesterday. It was brutal but so interesting. We are on brain overload right now and very water logged. So today we spent all day in the pool learning about our gear, bouyancy, and what to do in case of emergencies. There were 5 total in the class. The other 3 were Marines; needless to say, I had the most difficulties. It made me want to go workout because with 15lbs. of weight in my weight belt, I sometimes struggled with staying down. It was the coolest bonding experience because Jared and I were buddies and we just had to understand what was going on with the other person with only a few signals. Soooo coool. Next Saturday we will go to a spring and dive there and then on Sunday we are off to the gulf to get some sand dollars. Today we only got downto 6 feet in the pool and I felt very cramped in there. I am sure that's the only time I'll feel cramped. I am sure I will have dreams about breathing underwater now because of how unnatural that feeling is. I'll get back to you next weekend.

Click here to learn more about our fun new hobby :)

0 comments: